EPIX SETS WORLD TV PREMIERE FOR EMMY AND PEABODY AWARD WINNING
BLUMHOUSE TELEVISION’S “ELECTION DAY: LENS ACROSS AMERICA”
EPIX ORIGINAL DOCUMENTARY TO AIR TUESDAY, JAN. 17 AT 8/7C
Documentary Directed by Emma Tammi and Henry Jacobson Offers a Non-Partisan Look through the Lenses of Seven Photographers as they Capture the Historic and Surprising Culmination of America’s 2016 Presidential Election
New York, NY – January 10, 2017 – Premium TV network EPIX® announced today that the EPIX Original Documentary Election Day: Lens Across America from Emmy and Peabody Award Winning Blumhouse Television and directors Emma Tammi and Henry Jacobson will make its world television premiere on Tuesday, January 17 at 8/7C. The timely documentary weaves together the stories behind the work of seven photographers as they cover one of the most surprising election days in American history, each from a different perspective and location. Following the day’s chronology, the narrative cuts in “real time” between the photographers on the ground in Iowa, Virginia, Georgia, Pennsylvania and New York. The photographers, through their images and conversations with their subjects, capture an honest and non-partisan look at the many raw emotions of Americans on this one fateful day.
Mark S. Greenberg, President and CEO of EPIX, said: “With emotions across the globe still running at a fever pitch in anticipation of the 2017 Presidential Inauguration, we at EPIX want to reflect on the unpredictable election day and subsequent outcome that will continue to shape our country over the next four years. Election Day: Lens Across America is an extremely timely work that uses the unique perspective of seven acclaimed photographers to tell the dynamic stories of individuals across the political spectrum as they process the polling results within their respective communities and at polling places across the country.”
Marci Wiseman and Jeremy Gold, Co-Presidents of Blumhouse Television said: “We are excited to continue building Blumhouse Television’s slate of original documentaries with Emma and Henry’s thought provoking and compelling Election Day: Lens Across America and are thrilled to partner with EPIX.”
Tammi and Jacobson said: “We are honored to be working with EPIX and Blumhouse Television to bring this portrait of our country to viewers. Our hope is that this film helps give some perspective to what has been, perhaps, the most divisive political season in our nation’s history.”
The photographers featured in the documentary are:
- Landon Nordeman is a photojournalist who regularly contributes to New York Magazine, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair and other publications. On Election Day, Nordeman covered Hillary Clinton’s party at the Javits Center on assignment from TIME, documenting the mood in the room as it devolved from hope and excitement, to shock and despair.
- Danny Wilcox Frazier is a member of the renowned VII Photo Agency. On Election Day, he traveled through his home state of Iowa, photographing rural polling places and watching the results come in at Trump Headquarters in Des Moines.
- Matt Eich is a photographic essayist living in Charlottesville, VA. On Election Day, Matt traveled to the polling places around a largely military community in Norfolk, VA spending the day interviewing and photographing voters for a medium format portrait project.
- Larry Fink is a legendary documentary photographer whose work regularly appears in Vanity Fair, New York Times Magazine and The New Yorker, and can be found in the collections of the major museums around the world. On Election Day, we find Larry working around his home in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Sam Cannon is a 24-year old video artist living in Brooklyn. On Election Day, she took her studio into the streets, capturing passersby as they destroyed devices she loaded with looping media from this contentious campaign.
- Mark Abramson is a young photojournalist in New York City known for his double exposure work. On Election Day, Abramson went to Donald Trump’s party in New York and took to the streets to shoot the reactions to the realization that Trump was going to win.
- Sheila Pree Bright is an award-winning fine art photographer based in Atlanta, GA, focusing largely on issues of race and representation in American culture. On Election Day, Sheila focused on the African American community in Atlanta.
Election Day: Lens Across America, an EPIX Original Documentary/Blumhouse Television Production. Jason Blum, Marci Wiseman, Jeremy Gold and Jessica Rhoades are executive producing for Blumhouse along with Emma Tammi and Henry Jacobson of Mind Hive Film and Adam Barton, Sam Bathrick, and Alex Cullen of Resonant Pictures. For EPIX, Jocelyn Diaz and Jill Burkhart are executive producers, with Valerie Bishop Pearson serving as producer.
Election Day: Lens Across America is the latest documentary from Blumhouse Television joining the Emmy and Peabody award winning The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst and the Peabody award winning How to Dance in Ohio.
EPIX is a premium entertainment network delivering the latest movie releases and biggest classic film franchises, plus original programming including series, documentaries, comedy and music specials – all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. Launched in October 2009, EPIX pioneered the development and proliferation of “TV Everywhere.” It was the first premium network to provide multi-platform access to its content online at EPIX.com and to launch on Xbox, PlayStation®, Android phones and tablets, and Roku® players. EPIX is also available across Chromecast, Apple® iPhones® and iPads®, Android TV and more and is the only premium service providing all its programming on all platforms, delivering more movies than any other premium network, with thousands of titles available for streaming.
EPIX is a joint venture between Viacom Inc., its Paramount Pictures unit, Lionsgate and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM). Through relationships with cable, satellite and telco partners, EPIX is available to over 50 million homes nationwide. For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHD (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX), Google+ (http://plus.google.com/+EPIX) and Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/EPIX).
About Blumhouse Television
Blumhouse Television has quickly grown as a studio building on its two Emmy awards (The Normal Heart, The Jinx) and two Peabody awards (The Jinx and How to Dance in Ohio) by assembling a diverse slate of scripted and unscripted programming. Marci Wiseman and Jeremy Gold recently joined Blumhouse Television as Co-Presidents joining Jessica Rhoades, the long-time Head of Programming & Development. Blumhouse’s recent shows include YouTube Red’s 12 Deadly Days and the company is currently producing Sharp Objects starring Amy Adams based on Gillian Flynn’s bestselling novel and is serving as the studio for a limited series adaptation of journalist Gabriel Sherman’s acclaimed reporting on Roger Ailes, shepherded by Academy Award winner Tom McCarthy. Blumhouse’s films, including the wildly successful The Purge, Insidious, Paranormal Activity and Ouija franchises and the Academy Award winning Whiplash, have grossed over $2 billion at the worldwide box-office.
THE LIPPIN GROUP
Katie Fuchs / firstname.lastname@example.org / 212.986.7080